There have been some observations about this adoption that are surreal. Ready for the list?
- On the day we got Thomas, he was the oldest kid there to get adopted. At least at the time we got him. Still saw lots of little girls, but boys seem to be on the rise. Just not older boys. Closest one to Thomas age was maybe 5? I get not everyone can do older boys, but...just an observation.
- For crying out loud...what is with the weirdo looks from other families? Both Monday and today, we (our family) got weird looks for having our entire fam here and for adopting an older boy. Or maybe we just look funny? Hell if I know. I've done the younger girl thing, my older son is very deserving a loving family and truly wants one. We are like that out of the ordinary, are we?
- Thomas. This kid is smart. Daria, you knocked this one out of the park. Thank you for nudging me. Tonight he kept wanting to do math problems. That's nutty. Although, my mom digs that too.









Keep the ramblings coming, I enjoy them :) Cool that Thomas likes math, it will be a big plus for him.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you think I came here for? Isn't the whole point of a blog to ramble? More Thomas, more family, more of a mom's eye view, please...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing I enjoy reading and it's your blog ramble away! Sorry to hear your getting funny looks, that's not very nice. Maybe they are just curious!? Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete