Thomas George XiHong Wagner

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A step and a little more about Thomas

We got our birth certificates and our marriage certificate today (one of many pieces of our dossier).  This is small town.  UPS couldn't deliver them because they needed to be signed for.  The driver knowing that Wayne is at Cal-Chlor, delivered them to to his office.  I'm not exactly thrilled (what if I didn't want Wayne to know what I ordered??) but grateful that my certificates arrived safely.  :)  Medical appointments will be scheduled tomorrow, Wayne need to do the financial statement yet and I have to write our employer letters (well, not write...but you know.).  In case you were wondering, I'm not whining.  I knew it would be tough.  Made tougher by having to work and run older kids to events.  Eh, that crazy sense of urgency I had with Julia hasn't kicked in.  

We have reading to do, we have Hague training to do.  I want to be prepared for Thomas.  For Julia...it was easy.  She was 2.  I had parented toddlers already.  What was there to really learn?  This time.  Even though I have parented children past Thomas' age, he's a whole new ball of wax.  Yes, he's spent that entire time in orphanage.  From what I've heard, Bao'an is great place, but still no replacement for a loving home with family.  There is a ton I need to know about a kiddo that may bring a few more suitcases full of stuff that will need to be unpacked.  I know I don't have to be the perfect parent.  I admit that I'm clearly flawed and am a work in progress, but being prepared or aware of potential issues is crucial.  I love being a mom, I love having a family.  Even I am still amazed that Wayne said yes.  :)

Now...a little more on Thomas.  I know he likes ice cream, airplanes, yo-yos and chocolate.  I know he's attended English speaking school at the Sunshine School.  (Check out page 3, there's a picture of Thomas striking a pose! http://www.cohlc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/CSF-Spring-2012-Newsletter-ENG-.pdf)  He's been learning English there for about 2-3 years. I am pretty excited to see how much he really speaks and understands.  I get the feeling he will understand much more than I realize once he meets his brother and sisters.  They can't wait.  Not sure if it's more about adopting or the traveling to China. Either way, Thomas has no idea what's waiting for him!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment